Varicose Veins-Causes And Treatment.
Varicose veins are veins that are swollen, twisted and often pain. They are often seen on the legs of older people and women who are pregnant or who have had many children.
VARICOSE VEINS CAUSES
The major cause that leads to the appearance of this varicose veins is pressure, and the following below leads to congestion of the blood in the vein which makes the veins to bulge out.
- Standing for a very long time can cause pressure to the veins.
- Being pregnant.
- Old age.
- Severe constipation.
- Being obese (obesity).
VARICOSE VEINS TREATMENT
There is no medicine for varicose veins. But the following will help:
- Do not spend much time standing or sitting with your feet down.
- Avoid crossing your leg for a very long time when you are sitting down.
- Do not lie in an uncomfortable place for so long.
- If you have no choice but to sit or stand for long periods, try to lie down with your feet up for a few moments every half hour.
- When standing, try walking on the spot, or repeatedly lifting your heels off the ground and putting them back down.
- Sleep with your feet up on pillows.
- regular exercise will be very helpful.
- Use elastic stockings (support hose) or elastic bandages to help hold in the veins. Make sure that you take them off at night.
- Taking care of your veins in this way will help prevent chronic sores or varicose ulcers on the ankle.
NOTE : Varicose creams do not work because this problem has to do with the abnormal movement of the blood in the veins causing bulging and also twisting of the veins.