Migraines And Headaches-How To Stop Them.
Migraines are severe throbbing headache often on one side of the head only. The migraine attacks may come often or months or years apart.
A typical migraine begins with blurring of vision, seeing strange spots of light or numbness of one hand or foot. This is followed by severe headache which may last hours or days. Often there is vomiting. Migraines are very painful but not dangerous.
TO STOP A MIGRAINE, DO THE FOLLOWING AT THE FIRST SIGN
- Take 2 aspirins with a cup of strong coffee or strong black tea.
- Lie down in a dark, quiet place. Do your best to relax. Try not to think about your problems.
- For especially bad migraine headaches, obtain pills of ergotamine with caffeine (cafergot). Take 2 pills at first and 1 pill every 30 minutes until the pain goes away. Do not take more than 6 pills in 1 day.
WARNING : Do not use Cafergot during pregnancy
Simple headache can be helped by rest and aspirin. It often helps to put a cloth soaked in hot water on the back of the neck and to massage (rub) the neck and the shoulders gently. Some other home remedies also seem to help.
Headache is common with any sickness that causes fever. If headache is severe, check for signs of meningitis.
After treating headache and the pain seems not to go away, make sure that you seek for immediate medical attention. It is very essential or important for you to follow the doctor’s prescription of the dose to be taken.
Blood test, x-ray and brain scan (head diagnosis) can be done when the headache becomes very severe, to know the actual cause of the headache.
There are so many things that can cause one headache; which includes the following :
- Too much inhalation of Carbon(II)oxide.
- Extreme loss of water in the body (Dehydration).
- Bleeding in the brain.
- Having Glaucoma.
- When you have stroke.
- Convulsion (fits).
- Use of Pain relief drug (too much or overuse).
- When you have brain tumor.