Lice-Causes,Prevention And Treatment.
Head lice are insects that live on someone’s head scalp, it is about 2.4 and 3.2 mm long, meaning that the insect is very small and also difficult find on someone who has very thick hair. The insect feeds on blood to survive.
- Unclean environment.
- Very dirty bedding, pillow covers and clothes.
- The head and body lice causes itching.
- Sometimes, it causes skin infection.
- It causes swollen lymph nodes.
- To avoid this insect, take great care with personal cleanliness.
- Make sure that you put the cots, pillows and bedding under the sun frequently.
- Bathe and wash the hair often.
- Always check the children’s hair if they have lice and treat them at once.
- Do not let a child with lice sleep with other children without lice.
- Wash the hair very well. Apply permethrin lotion. Leave for 10 minutes then rinse off.
- As an alternative, make a shampoo of lindane, water and soap (1 part lindane to 10 parts water). Wash hair, be careful not to get lindane into the eyes. Leave the lather(bubbles produced by soap) for 15 minutes then rinse well with clean water. Repeat this a week later.
- To get rid of nits (lice eggs), soak hair with hot vinegar water for half an hour, then comb it thoroughly with a fine toothed comb.