Impetigo is a bacterial infection that causes rapidly spreading of sores with shiny, yellow crust. It often occurs on children’s faces especially around the mouth.
This disease can spread easily to other people from the sores or contaminated fingers.
- This disease is caused by staphylococcus aureus.
- It can be gotten by having a contact with an infected person through sores.
- ‘A Streptococcus‘ can as well cause this disease
- Follow the guidelines of personal cleanliness. Bathe children daily and protect them from bedbugs and biting flies. If a child gets scabies, treat him or her as soon as possible.
- Do not let a child with this disease sleep or play with other children. Begin treatment at the first sign.