How to download music without iTunes.
The iPhone itself is wonderful but despite being incredible in all terms, iPhone users have to face many different problems. One of the difficulties is how to download music on the iPhone without iTunes as it adds music to the iPhone by syncing, which means you will lose the existing ones on the iPhone. Therefore many people are not in favor of it and search for other methods.
Download Music From Apple Music to Your iPhone
Apple Music offers millions of tracks that can be streamed over a wireless network, but you can also save those tracks (or playlists, albums, or videos) to your iPhone to enjoy offline.
- To enable this feature, turn on Library Syncing for your Apple ID. Go to Settings > Music, then turn on Sync Library.
- If you want all the songs you add from Apple Music to download to your iPhone automatically, go to Settings > Music and turn on Automatic Downloads.
- Open the Apple Music App on your iPhone and navigate to the song, album, playlist, or video you want to download.
- Touch and hold the song, album, playlist, or video, and then tap Add to Library.
- Go to your Library and tap the song, album, playlist or video you just added.
- Tap the Download icon (cloud with a down arrow.)
- Your song, album, playlist, or video has been downloaded and you can enjoy it on your iPhone even when offline.
Download Music From YouTube Music to Your iPhone
If you’re a YouTube Music Premium member, enjoy music offline by downloading your favorite songs, playlists, or albums to your iPhone.
- Open YouTube Music and navigate to the song, album, or playlist you want to download.
- Tap the Download arrow.
- The song, album, or playlist is now added to the Downloads section of your Library, and you can enjoy it offline anytime.
Add Music to Your iPhone Using iCloud Drive
- If you have your music collection on your Mac and/or an external hard drive and are comfortable manually managing your songs, use iCloud Drive to add tracks to your iPhone.
- On your Mac, open Finder and navigate to iCloud Drive.
- Select File > New Folder (or press Shift+Command+N). This creates a new untitled folder.
- Name the folder “Music.”
- Open the Music folder.
- Locate the tracks you want to access on your iPhone. Drag them across to your Music folder.
- Your music will automatically upload to iCloud Drive.
- Once your tracks have uploaded, your music will be available via iCloud on your iPhone. To access them, open the Files app on your iPhone.
- Tap iCloud Drive.
- Navigate to and tap the Music folder to open it. You’ll see the same tracks you uploaded via your Mac.
- Tap the track you want to play and it will automatically download to your device. Alternatively, tap the cloud and arrow icon to save the track to your iPhone.
- Tap any track to play it within iCloud Drive.
- Your music is now saved to your iPhone.
Download music on iPhone without iTunes from Dropbox
- Sign up for a Dropbox account. Because you can easily upload your songs to your Dropbox account and play them through your iPhone.
- Download and install the Dropbox software on your PC. This will create a Dropbox folder on your PC. If you keep any file in that folder, it will be automatically uploaded to your Dropbox account storage.
- Copy all the music you want to download to your iPhone and paste them to that Dropbox folder on your PC.
- Wait for the songs to upload. You will be able to see your progress from the Dropbox menu of the system tray. It fully depends on your internet connection and how many files you have uploaded.
- Download the Dropbox app on your iPhone from the app store. It’s free to download. After that, sign in to your Dropbox account from your iPhone after installing the app.
- Tap on the song you like and Dropbox will start steaming it. If you want to save the song for offline listening, you need to swipe at the song that you want to keep on the device from left to right and hit the “Star” to mark the song as favorite. This will save the song for offline listening.
It’s easy to transfer music to iPhone without iTunes. With any Third Party tool you can easily transfer music from PC (or Mac) to iPhone without the installation of iTunes and loss of the existing songs. You can also try cloud services or streaming services to add music to iPhone, iPad or iPod. Carry out the method best suited to your needs.