High Blood Pressure-Types,Signs,Causes And Prevention.
High blood pressure is also known as hypertension, that is when your blood move along your arteries with a very high pressure and if this pressure happen to stay longer than expected, it leads to some serious health issues.
There are two types of high blood pressure; they are
- Primary hypertension
- Secondary hypertension
This is the most common among people. In primary hypertension, nothing is known to be the actual cause of the high blood pressure; that is why it is referred to as essential hypertension. And also it takes several years before it develops.
This is where there is a known cause of the high blood pressure which could be a drug or medicine taken or even a health problem like kidney or hormonal problem, having high cholesterol, sleep apnea, adrenal gland issues, old age, inheritance, obesity.
CAUSES OF HIGH BLOOD PRESSURE
- Lack of exercise
- The more older you become, the more you can become hypertensive
- Black race have more high blood pressure
- Intake of too much alcohol
- Intake of birth control drugs
High blood pressure can cause many problems such as:
- Heart disease
- Kidney disease
SIGNS OF HIGH BLOOD PRESSURE
- Frequent headaches
- Pounding of the heart and shortness of breath with mild exercise
- Weakness and dizziness
- Occasional pain in the left shoulder and chest
All these problems may also be caused by other diseases. Therefore, if a person suspects he has high blood pressure, he or she should go and see a health worker and have his or her blood pressure measured.
NOTE: High blood pressure at first causes no signs and it should be lowered before danger signs develop. People who are overweight or suspect they might have high blood pressure should have their blood pressure checked regularly.
PREVENTION OR CARE FOR HIGH BLOOD PRESSURE
- Overweight people should lose weight.
- Fatty foods especially pig fat and foods with a lot of sugar or starch should be avoided. Always use vegetable oil instead of pig fat.
- Do not smoke.
- Do not drink too much alcohol.
- When the blood pressure is high, get medical advice. The medicines to control blood pressure should be taken regularly. Many people can lower their blood pressure by losing weight if they are fat and also by learning to relax.
FAT PEOPLE PRECAUTION
To be very fat is not healthy. Too much fat helps to cause high blood pressure, heart disease, gallstones, stroke, diabetes, arthritis in legs and feet.
Fat people should lose weight by doing the following:
- Not eating greasy, fatty or oily foods.
- Not eating sugar or sweet foods.
- Getting more exercise.
- Not eating so much of anything especially starchy foods like corn, bread, potatoes, rice, yam, cassava etc. Fat people can eat more of fruits, vegetables and lean meat.