Hay Fever-Symptoms,Prevention And Treatment.
Hay fever (Allergic Rhinitis) is reaction like runny nose and itchy eyes which can be caused by an allergic reaction to something in the air that a person has breathed in.
It is often worse at certain times of the year.
HAY FEVER SYMPTOMS
- The person having hay fever will start having itchy eyes.
- runny and stuffy nose.
- irritation of the throat and itchy.
- The person starts coughing.
- Sneezing increases.
- Sometimes, no fever but having serious runny nose.
HAY FEVER CAUSES
- Being exposed to an environment where people smokes or smoked at early age.
- Underlining problem like Asthma.
- Exposed to a dusty environment.
- Skin diseases.
- Allergic to some foods.
NOTE : Hay fever can cause ear infection, sinusitis and also lack of sleep.
HAY FEVER PREVENTION
Find out what are the things that causes this reaction; for example dust, chicken feathers, pollen, mold. And try to avoid them.
As far as you go about your daily activities, you cannot avoid hay fever. All you just need to do is to try as much as possible to away from things that can trigger hay fever like allergies.
But if you know that you cannot avoid being exposed to things that can cause you hay fever, make sure that you take your hay fever drugs before exposing yourself to the things you are allergic to.
HAY FEVER TREATMENT
Use an antihistamine such as chlorpheniramine (4 mg tablet)
Take 1 dose 3 or 4 times a day. In each dose, give :
- Adults : 4 mg (1 tablet)
- Children under 12 years old : 2 mg (1/2 tablet)
- Babies : 1 mg (1/4 tablet)
, Dimenhydrinate (Dramamine) : this has 50 mg tablet and 12.5 mg of syrup
- Adults : 50 to 100 mg (1 or 2 tablets)
- Children between 7 to 12 years old : 25 to 50 mg (1/2 or 1 tablet)
- Children between 2 to 6 years old : 12 to 25 mg (1/4 to 1/2 tablet)
- Children under 2 years old : 6 to 12 mg (1/8 to 1/4 tablet)
usually sold for motion sickness and it also works.