Coronavirus is a family of virus that causes acute respiratory problem in a person. Coronavirus is also known as covid 19.
- Co means Corona.
- Vi means Virus.
- D means Disease.
- 19 Means the year the virus was first identified; which is 2019.
Coronavirus is known to be found in animals such as cat, bat, rat etc. It can be transmitted from the animal to a person and also from person to another person. When you take a look of this virus under the microscope, you will discover that it looks as if it is surrounded by a fatty solar corona.
Coronavirus is said to be a virus that can mutate which means that it can change or adapt from one form or condition to another depending on the environmental or body temperature or metabolism. This makes it more deadly.
The virus started from a city known as Wuhan in china. But the Chinese scientists are saying that the possible source of this deadly virus is bat or snakes but not yet confirmed. But come to think of it, if this virus mutates; how come the carriers mentioned above (animals) are still alive?
The following below are the signs and symptoms of the virus that you will see or start experiencing when you get infected.
- The person will start having difficulties in breathing.
- The respiratory systems or organs will start failing; for instance the lungs.
- You will start experiencing severe cough.
- Severe Fever.
- Shortness of breath.
- Dry cough.
- Sore throat.
- Runny nose.
When your case becomes severe, it can lead to cold or pneumonia and even cause death.
Coronavirus has an incubation period starting from or between the time that you got infected and when you started seeing the symptoms.
The incubation period is 14 days. Many of those who are infected starts seeing the symptoms from the fifth or sixth day.
Then for some of the infected persons who may not show symptoms even as the virus is in their system are called asymptomatics.
People that vulnerable or at risk are smokers. When you are infected as a smoker, you tend to face a serious problem from the virus because the virus attacks your respiratory system which makes it difficult for you to survive.
Another set of people who are at risk are those having cronic underlining diseases like diabetes mellitus and also people who are hypertensive.
The next set of people who are at risk are the aged people. This is so because of their immune system and their respiratory organs being so weak and aged. Once they are hit by the virus, their survival rate is below 10 percent.
Note that this virus can stay in the air for about 3 hours, and can stay on copper for about 4 hours, on wood for about 24 hours and also on stainless, plastics and steel for about 72 hours.
HOW TO PREVENT CORONAVIRUS
- Make sure that you avoid coming close to people who you feel that are not feeling fine or unwell. Stay 1 to 2 meters away from them. Because once the virus is coughed into the air, it cannot travel more than 1 meter and falls to rest on a surface.
- Make sure that you self-isolate from other people if you feel sick. Just stay at home for the sake of your love ones.
- Make sure that you do not touch your face especially the eyes, the nose, and the mouth if your hands are not washed clean. Because these are the mediums it will follow to enter into your system.
- Make sure that you wash your hands frequently for at least 20 seconds using a soap or alcohol under a running water.
- Make sure that you cover your mouth and nose with a tissue or your elbow whenever you sneeze or cough.
TREATMENT FOR CORONAVIRUS
Well presently, there is no cure for coronavirus ( covid 19). But there are relieving treatment given to the infected people. They are:
- Cough drugs.
- Pain relieve drugs like acetaminophen and ibuprofen.
- Much liquid intake.
- Hydroxi chloroquine ( not confirmed )
Coming to the treatment of this virus, all you need is immune boosting supplements because it is only your immune system that can fight this virus and make you recover from the condition. All you need is regular intake of lemon fruit or vitamin c as supplement which helps to boost the immune system.
Also take some quantity of garlic and ginger regularly, because of their hotness, the virus finds it difficult to survive in a very high temperature for a longer time.
- You can as well cut lemon, ginger and garlic together and boil. After boiling, pour it in a big bowl.
- Put your face over the big bowl and cover yourself together with the bowl with a towel.
- Take deep breath simultaneously for about 5 to 8 minutes.
The essence of doing this is to clear your respiratory tract or organs and also melt the fatty outer layer of the virus which keeps this virus alive for a longer time, living the virus itself open for attack.